The Board may confer up to three Community Service Awards annually for exceptional and varied service to the CAC community.
The Board shall seek nominations from the community beginning in February and shall approve the recipient(s) at the April Board meeting. If a Board member nominates an individual, that same Board member will be recused from all Board discussions involving awards. Nominations shall be submitted on a form designed to ascertain relevant information about the nominee and details about the nominee’s voluntary service.
Excluding current Board members, all CAC community members are eligible to be considered for the award. If a CAC employee is nominated, the Board shall consult the employee’s supervisor and the administration to determine the extent to which the nominee’s community service was above and beyond the obligations and expectations of employment
Community Service Awards Recipients
- 2015-2016 Carmen Awn, Cathy Okeson, Shereefa El Sawaf & Ragia Refaie
- 2014-2015 Kelly Harrison
- 2013-2014 Flavia Makram-Ebied and Monte Davis
- 2012-2013 Ineke Hodder and Moya Ross
- 2011-2012 John Bredin
- 2010-2011 Sherine El Banhawy
- 2009-2010 Terry Miller and Nathan Bramsen
- 2008-2009 Kerri Wethington and Samia Wadman
- 2007-2008 Gigi Hamdy and Andrew Lewis
- 2005-2006 Barbara Ball and Cabby Tennis
- 2004-2005 Andrew Goddard