Through WWW, students become engaged in experiential learning by partaking in service, action, or investigation. Experiential learning is one of the essential components of developing what educators refer to as the "whole child," and it is one of the major building blocks in helping each CAC student to reach his or her potential. In learning through participating in hands-on projects and to work as members of a group to achieve major goals students internalize learning and develop a stronger sense of responsibility, perseverance, passion, and creativity.
Students are often deeply impacted by these kinds of experiences, fondly remembering them long after their days at CAC are over. These experiences help to define CAC students and may guide them toward future ideals and decisions that will shape their world in ways that we may never be quite to measure through tests and exams.
DATES & DEADLINES Open or Close
- March 20: Trip offerings and registration process introduced to students.
- Details about each WWW experience posted on this site.
- Trip Preference Forms available on this site and in the High School Office.
- Optional information session for parents and students from 7:00-8:00 pm in room MS 115.
- March 30: Trip Preference Form and a copy of the photo page of the student’s passport due in the High School Office. (Students turning in forms after this date will receive the lowest priority for trip selections.)
- April 6: Trip lists finalized and announced to students; Trip Verification forms available for students to pick up and take home to parents.
- April 13: Trip Verification Forms and other documentation due in the High School Office. (Students turning in forms after this date risk losing their place on their preferred trips.)
- May 18: First payment (50%) due. (Students paying after this date risk losing their place on their preferred trips.)
- August 16: Final payment due.
- FORMS Open or Close
SELECTION PROCESS Open or Close
Though WWW experiences can vary in size, most are designed with 15-20 students in mind, and almost all experiences have a certain number of spaces allocated for students in each grade level. On most WWW experiences, there are roughly equal numbers of students from each grade level represented.
The selection process happens as outlined below:
1 - After carefully considering the trip descriptions on this website, students and families complete a "Preference Form" outlining a student's top TEN (10) preferences for his/her WWW experience. Preference forms can be downloaded via the links above or picked up in the HS Office. This form and a copy of the photo page of the student’s passport are due in the HS Office on March 30.
2 - In the HS Office, all students returning for the 2017-2018 school year are numerically listed in alphabetical order as they appear on CAC grade rosters. Then using a random generator from random.org, a small group of teachers generate a random sequence and begin selecting students from the roster list based on the generated sequence. Students are thus placed in their highest priority WWW selection listed on their preference form, based on availability of WWW places. Remember that WWW experiences are made up of students from all grade levels, which means that for most WWW experiences, only 3-6 spaces per grade level are available.
3 - The student is then placed in a WWW experience. The student receives a WWW Verification Form to be signed by a family member. Once the Verification Form is signed and submitted, a family is financially obligated for the chosen WWW experience and the student should not move into another trip. Payment instructions are included on the verification form. This form is due April 13.
4 - Once the Verification Form is submitted to the HS Office, families submit payments to the CAC Cashier. One half (50%) of the payment for the WWW experience is due on May 18. The rest is due on August 16.
After trip rosters are finalized, teacher trip leaders will meet with students and provide detailed itineraries for the trip.
Families signing the Payment Verification Form who are unexpectedly transferred over the summer can apply for a full refund of the payment made this year.
In Cairo Trips
Out of Cairo Trips