We welcome your interest in Cairo American College, a private coeducational day school offering an American curriculum for Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. Like other private schools, we require information that helps us to determine whether there is a good match between our program of instruction and the applicant's educational needs. This document is provided to assist you in the application process.
The Admissions office will begin accepting applications for the next academic year in February. Admission decisions for each new school year are made by May 31st . Applications received on or after June 1st will be notified of admission on or after August 1st depending on the availability of space. Students transferring from abroad will be considered for admission throughout the school year.
Families seeking admission for their children should make an appointment with the Director of Admissions.
Registrar/Director of Admissions
All applicants to CAC must submit the following:
1) Completed Application for Admission (front and back), signed by parent or guardian and with one photograph of the applicant attached.
2) Health Office Student Medical Examination Form, to be completed and signed by a physician within 8 months prior to the student's entry in school.
Admission to Pre-Kindergarten:
Admission to Pre-Kindergarten is determined by age and through assessment of the applicant's readiness to benefit from the CAC Pre-Kindergarten program. To meet the age requirement, applicants must be four years old for Pre-K4 on or before September 30th of the school year for which they wish to enroll. Admission to Pre-Kindergarten does not guarantee continued enrollment at CAC.
Admission to Kindergarten:
Admission to Kindergarten is determined by age and through assessment of the applicant's readiness to benefit from the CAC Kindergarten program. To meet the age requirement, applicants must be five years old on or before September 30th of the school year for which they wish to enroll.
Admission to Grade 1:
Admission to first grade is determined by age and readiness. To meet the age requirement, applicants must be six...
In the event of space constraints, admissions categories and priorities are defined in Policy 8.202
Cairo American College was established primarily to serve American children in Egypt. The following categories guide the admissions process.
All fees for the semester must be paid before students can be admitted to classes. If the sponsoring employer is making payment directly to the school, parents should ensure that their company or institution has made arrangements to pay the fees before each semester begins.
Parents & students should be aware of the following policies regarding the school's curricular requirements and guardianship of students:
- • Cairo American College is a private, secular American school. All students must satisfy the curricular requirements as outlined in the school's policies. These include participation in health courses (which include sex education), mixed physical education classes with a swimming component and other specific graduation requirements for secondary school students.
- • Students admitted to Cairo American College must reside with their parents. Guardianships, in lieu of residing with parents, must have prior approval of the school.
- • On a space available basis Cairo American College welcomes students wishing to study at CAC for one semester under the legal guardianship of an individual or family living in Egypt subject to guidelines developed by the Administration....